1. Memory foam (supportive)
2. Covering is soft and zips off to wash.
3. Has a neck pillow that detaches. ( I love it) so it is attached.
4. Comes with a small leg bump for under knees.
5. It holds it's shape, does not become smashed down. Gives great support for head and neck.
6. After coming out of box, will take a day for full expansion of memory foam, and if you have had memory foam anything, it does have a memory foam smell. But goes away by next day after expansion.
7. I will say, that I have been looking for something of this quality.
Got it vaccum sealed and opened yesterday. Had a slight smell at first but I've run it in the dryer with dryer sheets and it has fluffed up tremendously and is firm for back support. Odor is gone.
This is massive. There is a high back to this and this could actually sit alone on the floor and give you the same support. It is firm but soft and the extra pillow I have used it for lumbar and head support without the pillow. The cover is soft but won't make you hot. The pockets are very convenient. Well worth the money.
I opened the box and unwrapped the 'husband'. It immediately started to expand. After an hour I put it in the drying for 20 minutes and it was ready to use. That evening I got comfortable in bed and started to read. No back or neck ache. I used the knee support pillow to prop my book. For writing I use a bead pillow with a solid front and it works well but not as well as sitting at a desk and writing. There was no smell or bunch, it is nice and firm, easy to vacuum...can't say there are any drawbacks. I would purchase it again if needed but I think it is sturdy enough to last a long time.
I purchased this for my husband who had been in the hospital and would be laid up for awhile. He lives this. The extra pillows help take his comfort to another level.